Partner & Solution Leader, ACRE
McKinsey & Company
Ryan lead’s McKinsey’s work in advanced analytics across food, agriculture, and environmental sectors. He heads McKinsey’s ACRE data science center, which provides remote sensing analysis, crop yield forecasting, weather/climate modeling, and related analytics. He has worked extensively with private sector and governmental clients on using analytics to understand climate risk in their operations, and how to address GHG emissions in the agriculture sector.
Examples of Ryan’s recent work include the following:
• Analyzing physical climate risk in the footprint of a large global industrial player
• Developing a sustainability agriculture investing strategy for a regional bank
• Building an analytics tool to modernize an East African government’s food security management system
• Forecasting crop yields and prices across India using geospatial analysis for a grain buyer
• Developing the five-year agriculture strategy for a Central American national government, including export growth of fruit and vegetable products
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ryan worked for ten years in the food sector, real estate, and served in the U.S. Peace Corps in West Africa. He holds an MBA from Case Western Reserve University and a Bachelor of Journalism degree from Ohio University. He is based in Denver, Colorado, where he lives with his wife and their three young boys.
Taking Action: How the Space Industry is Adapting and Mitigating the Impacts of Climate Change; Part 2 of a 3-Part Series
Originally aired: January 26, 2022