Interim General Counsel
Mr. Burnett, Interim General Counsel, Hawkeye 360, Inc. Dennis is an attorney and consultant with experience in commercial transactions and regulatory matters. Dennis has participated in numerous space-related new business development efforts requiring compliance with regulatory requirements, including obtaining operating licenses, licensing exports, complying with US foreign ownership control or influence (“FOCI”) national security requirements and compliance with CFIUS.
Some matters handled include:
- Navigating startup through CFIUS process for foreign investment in US star-up;
- Securing NOAA-issued licenses for a U.S. commercial remote sensing satellite system;
- Negotiation of the first Russian Space Station contract with NASA;
- Drafting and negotiating satellite purchase contracts.
- Drafting launch services agreements for an international launch service provider.
- Obtaining national security waivers to allow export of U.S. satellites or satellite components from restricted countries.
- Creating an export and national security compliance program for foreign-owned U.S. company to qualify as a prime contractor for major DOD programs.
Dennis is a member of the D.C. Bar, American Bar Association, AIAA and is a member and Treasurer of the International Institute of Space Law.
He is an Adjunct Professor teaching export control and commercial space law at the University of Nebraska College of Law (UNL). He holds a J.D. from the UNL and an LL.M. from Georgetown University.
Space Law – General Counsel Forum
Originally aired: May 1, 2023